YOUNG’S WIMBLEDON PASSES COMPETITION – PRIVACY NOTICE
This Privacy Notice is provided by Young & Co.’s Brewery, P.L.C (“we“, “us”, or “our”), whose registered office is Copper House, 5 Garratt Lane, Wandsworth, London, SW18 4AQ, in our capacity as organiser of the Young’s Wimbledon passes promotion (“Promotion“).
We are a ‘controller’ for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the Data Protection Act 2018 (collectively the “Data Protection Laws”) which means that we are responsible for how we use your personal data.
If you are a winner, then please bring this Privacy Notice to your guest’s attention.
Here are the details of how we use your and your guest’s personal data for the Promotion:
- We may collect and process your name, social media username, telephone number, email address, date of birth and/or address (“your personal data“) in order to: process your entry into the Promotion and to contact you if are successful.
- If you are the winner, we will:
- contact you by email to notify you of this and to ask you to confirm your eligibility, in line with the Promotion T&Cs;
- collect your and your guest’s name, email address, date of birth and residential address in order to arrange the prize;
- ask you about the location of your home address (city or country) because we are obliged to make the winners’ name(s) and location(s) (city or county) available to people requesting that information in accordance with the Promotion T&Cs and to comply with the requirements under the UK Code of Non-broadcast Advertising and Direct & Promotional Marketing (the “CAP Code“). As provided in the CAP Code, you can object to us publishing or making available your name or reduce the amount of information published or made available. In order to contact us on this, please email us at [firstname.lastname@example.org]. Please note that this does not affect our obligation to provide the relevant information and the winning entry to the Advertising Standards Authority, the UK’s regulator of advertising, if required to do so;
- share your and your guest’s personal data with our promotional agencies and the providers of the prize, Sipsmith and the All England Lawn Tennis Club, as appropriate, so we and they can provide you with your prize.
- We are permitted to process your and your guest’s personal data on the basis that it is necessary for our performance of the contract you have agreed to enter with us (i.e. the Promotion T&Cs). If you or your guest do not provide this information to us, we will not be able to confirm and provide your prize.
- If you are not successful in the Promotion, we will delete your personal data collected for the Promotion within the period of 30 days following the selection of winners. If you are a winner, as part of the Promotion, we will securely retain your personal data until 60 days after the completion of the Promotion and any related publicity activities. After this date your personal data will be deleted.
- We use external providers that process your and your guest’s personal data for this Promotion as part of the services (such as prize fulfilment and delivery) which they offer to us. We take steps to ensure that our service providers process your and your guest’s data in accordance with the Data Protection Laws, only use it in accordance with our contract with them and keep it secure. If you would like more information about our processors, please contact us at [email@example.com].]
- We do not transfer your or your guest’s personal data outside the UK and the European Economic Area.
- We strive to implement appropriate technical and organisational measures in order to protect your and your guest’s personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss or alteration, unauthorised disclosure or access and any other unlawful forms of processing. We aim to ensure that the level of security and the measures adopted to protect your and your guest’s personal data are appropriate for the risks presented by the nature and use of that personal data. We follow recognised industry practices for protecting our IT environment and physical facilities.