Olde worlde pub serving traditional British meals with daily changing specials. No TV or music, just lively conversation.
This beautifully preserved, Grade II listed Victorian pub still has the etched glass snob screens in place above the bar. These frosted glass snob screens were popular in the 1890s and hid the customer from the publican when they ordered their drinks, but the hinges still allowed the the bar staff to check on the customers without disturbing their privacy.
The glorious history of the pub and the area is also commemorated by an original working polyphon in the pub (the predecessor to the gramophone) and sepia prints of music hall players.
The pub is named after William Lamb who in 1577 improved upon an existing conduit to bring clean water down from Holborn as an act of charity to benefit the neighbourhood. The Lamb was probably built around 1729 and still had one of the orignal wells in the back yard until the early 1900s.